View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 06:12 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

this is to help neurologists, who are like primary care doctors for many conditions and are not included in the benefits that others are,

but the health care bill is just one of the many reasons i think we need to revolt or boycott...and the other reasons are global. here they are in my revolting opinion:

sinemet shortage - already has begun having an effect in the uK - they are exporting it for sale at a higher cost after purchasing it in the Uk and provide a good example [i'm sure they think they fooled us ] of an empty statement about why. can someone who knows how to do that develop a course online ? surely there is a list of key empty meaningless words that, used in combination, would get me started. .......How to speak and say nothing for Dummies. Could make a fortune....anyone?

oh - so pwp in the uk have to use whatever alternatives are available, like generic or stalevo. or dbs. Merck is sorry, they say ahead of time, and continue saying it's going to take two years to complete.

But bob, this is a global redistribution of brand name sinemet and the letter to british neurologist states this. it will be given to countries with greater need, Sounds like an eleemosynary act doesn't it? [cough]

Too bad for the UK and it goes on to say that many countries will be affected. see sinemet shortage thread for links. This could affect you and the gang up there . Merck, is also developing a nondopaminergic treatment that could replace sinemet someday. i hope they do.

i don't know how anuket does it without sinemet but more power to her and i respect what she does as much as you do.. i believe she has had it for 11 years? or is it more? i had it many years before i took sinemet too. but had to give in eventually - too dysfunctional and miserable.

finally, your toronto scientists along with the others in their 'gang' have made a few statements that are intriguing. namely that advanced patients are freezing and falling for reasons other than dopamine loss. this puzzles me because wouldn't it be because dopmaine no longer works? too much cell loss ? why would it be for other reasons? people age and fall and may look like a pwp at age 90 and i think it would be a natural loss of dopamine causing that wouldn't it? why call it non dopaminergic? it wasn't explained.

then there is the opinion, again from their 'gang' that cell transplants are not working - cell based therapy - including spheramine. But they didn't mention adult cells or ISP in their opinion -which is supposedly proceeding like gangbusters [no connection in words.]

i can see the problem with patient centered medicine....having to actually sit with the people and see their suffering and even more problematic - realize how much patients have been watching and learning. they laugh and speak derisively at our misinformation......well.....we haven't learned the language of deception or emptyness yet....like i said......blah blah

finally, someone has declared that gdnf gene therapy is for early stage patients.

so we have alll these things together that are troubling and confusing the subjects of pdland....resulting in very frustrated and extremely knowledgeable advanced patients who could know more about the overall picture than they do..

i am no longer expecting a cure, but this " ,multi cultural "[but mostly American - which used to work and be a land of opportunity]gang" is not going to control that through royal pronouncements. I am hoping this rage abates but our book may become a necessary exposee.

i think we should make a youtube video of everyone dancing tho ......just film yourself, i got the "Just dance "dvd for wii and it is a workout...i hope i don't have a heart attack. we could dance to mc hammer " you can't touch this." I still can be a f un person......lol. ..and what a work out hip hop is. Nobody ever wants to have fun around here.
oki've been at it all day..

cheers,
paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bob Dawson (12-12-2009)