View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 06:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipe View Post
Hi,

There is one thing I don't understand. Everytime you damage your nerve you are sure you gonna have a chronic neuropathic pain? Aren't the possibility of nerves regenerate and the pain is gonne forever? How long does it takes for a nerve to regenerate anyway?

I don't understand why people say that your nervous system is sending pain signals to your brain, when we can see through skin biopsies that the problem is there. You've got pain because you have less nerves then a regular person on the area of the skin that is causing you pain. Why is this misterious explanation for neuropathic pain. This could be the explanation before 2006, but after this year they proved that the pain is due to a loss of nerve fibers on your skin. Isn't so? Or Do Cientist verify through nerve biopsys that the nerve is fine and despite this fact people still feel pain?

http://www.neuropathy.org/site/DocSe...pdf?docID=1661

For me is a disfunction on the nervous system, that's why there is less nerve fibers on skin. No more mistery? What do you think?

By the way. My pain is intermitent (it is not constant) and I had my hands sometimes stiff. Any explanation for this? They feel swallowed but they aren't. And everything is fine on the X-Ray and blood exams.

Thank you,

PS: Sorry about my English
I think you need to make sure you have a follow up appointment with a Neurologist. A lot of your questions are case specific, everyone is different and maybe with the answers from your biopsy your doctor can figure out why you're in pain.

Neuropathic pain is tricky, your nerves are damaged or being damaged and that is sending signals that your brain interprets as pain.

Your problem could be environmental, since your pain is intermittent it could be caused by something you're coming in contact with. Do you eat large fish, are you around any heavy natural metals? These are things that your doctor can go over with you.

Diabetics get nerve pain because high glucose levels damage their nerves, some peoples' immune systems attack their nerves that cause pain, like I said, it's all case specific!

Is your pain under control? How are they treating your symptoms?
JoshuaY46012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote