View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 07:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi painintheneck,

I hope you are indeed in remission. While i have had this condition for a relatively short while, i do remember the anxiety assocoiated with the symptoms going away. i amost felt suspicious initially - that i was being lulled into a false sense of security

Once in remission it was hard to believe the condition was really there! my last period of remission was for 5 months and when it started gradually returning, i actally thought it was a throat infection. I'll be more aware now of the patterns.

My previous remission after a relatively short and undiagnosed period of GN was for a year. So certainly long periods of remission seem to be part of the beast - I think i might have read that it might go away for good sometimes, not sure. nothing about it makes sense to me so hopefully it could disappear!

I'm not sure if i have experienced the metallic taste - i remember being convinced, before diagnosis, that it was a horrible infection because of a 'poisonous' (v hard to describe!) taste or sensation in the back of my throat. of course there was no infection there to account for it. The best way i can describe it now that the meds are muffling the worst of the pain is a burning sensaton.

I would also love to hear about any long term remissions.

all the best - I hope you can relax and enjoy the break - which will hopefully be a very long one or for good!

mrs_bennet
Mrs_Bennet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote