View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

Hubby tried the restore disc... no go.

As soon as he cruised the website for Dell (and saw the $289 discount) that was it. (1/2 what we paid for 3 yrs ago).

A new machine with tons more stuff, 3Gig RAM and 250Gig hd, etc he was sold. I think he will order it tomorrow. And it might come before Xmas. ( I am making him "sleep" on the problem.)

We are looking at 9 hr battery. That is the only perk, + dark blue cover ($40).

I guess we have both become computer addicts!
It was really acting up on vacation....battery died, keys sticking, slow, etc.

My son can get a new HD for $60 thereabouts. So the plan is to get the new one, and then at my son's convenience, he will install a new HD. Then that old one will be a back up. Maybe I can lie in bed now with that, and come here! Wouldn't that be something! LOL

I am so glad I forced him to get the new back up... at least My Documents are saved!

It has sure been some exciting moments here today. I had no idea my husband was sooooo attached to that laptop!

And there goes my new camera...which I have wanted for 2 yrs now. Maybe that will come down in price by next year?
All the money we save with my seeds this spring should help with the cost. I hope.

This has exhausted me... I'm going to bed!

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (12-12-2009), Jomar (12-13-2009)