View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 09:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz66 View Post
Hi again! I just started at a gym this week, like I said I was going to in my last post. =) I am a woman of my word! Anywho, I did a basic routine of bands (like in PT) and a couple sets of lunges; that was about @3 days ago. I feel like someone took a grater to my thigh muscles and the left side of my neck is really aching. I have done that little bit before and didn't feel this sore, but this is the first time since I have had RSD. Is this a normal reaction to exercise??!!?!? I can't believe how sore I am after so little exercise; MAN I feel old and I'm still in my 40's. I know, I know,.....I'm getting there.....a little too fast for my taste, though!! Ha! Anywho, any ideas on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Have a great one to all of you and God bless. I pray you all have a wonderful and painless day! =)

Speaking of physical exercise, or rather the absence of, is something I talk about, a lot, with the pain psychologist I've started seeing.

I don't know what your situation is, and if you're good enough to be able to even go to a gym, that's good, but in my case, ANY kind of physical exertion is the worst thing for me. I lifted weights at Gold's Gym every day for fifteen years, and now I can't walk up a flight of steps. Really depressing.

Anyway, I would just urge that if there is any pain, go slow.

Good luck.
dshue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (12-14-2009), loretta (12-21-2009), suz66 (12-14-2009)