View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

Anyone use a laptop cooling device/stand?

Allen? Jo?

It is interesting that this happened when the room was COLD.

Hubby does leave it on overnight alot, esp when doing scans.
This died during an AdAware scan.

Today hubby is looking on the net for laptop cooling stands and reviews. For example the Belkin offered by Dell has terrible reviews on Amazon. But there are others.

The error message is :
windows\system32\config\system is missing or corrupt
My son says the system is working enough to give this, but not accept the restore disc?

Now hubby has been seduced into a new sparkling version. We were not going to do $$ for Xmas except for our son. Now that has changed. Our 3yr old one was pretty clunky compared to what there is now. And we are talking about $500! And it won't come before Xmas, since it has to be "built". The shipping is free also.

And yes, I really think the 9hr batt is necessary. It is only $40 more. Ours died on vacation, so we could only run it on electricity which is a huge challenge. We just bought an Energizer 6hr external battery thingy from Woot a month ago for vacation. It will run our cell phones, and computer etc. We did that rather than get a new computer batt...so I am glad Woot offered that one day very low price for it. We had been using an external car battery charger to recharge the phones, but it doesn't have enough juice to run a computer. (you should see the stuff we take into the laundromat to charge off their wall plugs as it is!)

We did run it off our generator a few times on vacation. I wonder if that is the reason it died? Is generator power safe for computers? My son said the power cord would protect the laptop and the generator is small, and goes thru surge protectors at the plug in.(the house is not wired)

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote