View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
There is no flat beater onthe Hamilton Beach. It just has the two beater things (just like my hand held mixer), and it has a wisk attachment and it has a dough hook.

So the two beaters (well, while not flat), can I use them to mix the brownie mix (to which I added peanut butter),? Seems to me, these two beater things are the same as my mixer (I've never tried to use my mixer to make brownies with peanut butter). I have been doing this by hand.

Maybe I should try my hand held mixer?

And if they get stuck, well, they get stuck.

But I do know this Hamilton beach thing doesn't have any paddle or flat beater.

Should I look for one that DOES have this?

I just went online and googled Hamilton Beach Stand Up mixer. All sorts of variations. This one is the one that is selling near me. It's ten bucks cheaper. But it's exactly the same thing. No flat beater either.

Take a look.

http://www.jr.com/hamilton-beach/pe/HB_64650/

I am just editing this so see if I can get that Glitter Graphic Account Inactive thing off of all my postings.

My Sunbeam does NOT have a paddle or whisk. Just beaters and hooks. But I can do anything any mixer can do with that. The beaters are fast enough to whisk if needed - and I could probably buy whisks separate if I wanted.

I do tons of cookies - even oatmeal. Brownies, bread dough, muffins, etc.

But the main thing is it's a stand mixer. That takes most of the work out of any job. I think no matter what brand you get, you are gonna love it.

Like I said, the biggest diff was really that the big Kithcen Aid, you can add a juicer, meat grinders, stuff like that to the front end. I couldn't justify the cost for those add ons, that I never thought I';d use.

What I like better about mine, the *head* tips back - most, they don't and you have to pull the beater (one beater, not two like mine which I also think is better) out somehow off to the side?

Also makes cleaning it a little easier.

And yep, all of these machines are heavy!

But still easier to lug it out and let it do the mixing - or just let it live on the counter if you can. We use mine so much it didn't get put away for years at a stretch.

Hardest part about mine was getting the beaters out - pushing that button.