View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 09:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kate,

Thanks for responding to my post. I did try the Topomax for about a week and found that it made me feel very tired and loopy. I like the way you said it "made me feel as if I couldn't move. It made my whole body and mind feel heavy and slow." I had a similar experience with it, so I stopped taking it.

Now, I'm trying a natural preventative of B-2, Magnesium, and Feverfew because I've read how it has been effective for migraines without all the side-effects of the topomax. I've only been doing this for a few weeks so it's too early to know if it will work for me.

My neuro also suggested Amitriptyline, but I told her I wanted to wait and see how how I respond to supplements and more time. My "headaches" aren't really painful, but they do slow me down quite a bit. I feel pressure or dullness in my brain and it usually goes along with irritability and fatigue. I feel slowed cognitively and physically when those feelings are present. When I wake up in the mornings with a headache, I also notice a lack of feeling in my hands.

I just am not sure how to describe my "headaches" or if it even matters what kind they are. I've been reading about cluster headaches, migraines, and tension headaches and I'm not sure any of those apply to me. I'm thinking it might be important to know what kind they are because treatment may vary for different kinds of headaches. Does this make sense?

Can anyone help me understand the differences between the various types of headaches and if the types of headaches are treated differently?

Thanks.

Don
pcshealer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote