View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 02:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Pam and Paula

I want to reply to both of you. Pam - you first. I think that the "shortage" is to force patients to "buy generic." This is the way that I've seen social medicine work. And this thought is strictly my opinion, but I also think this way of coertion is created by an agreement of the government who insures its people and pharmaceutical companies.

Has anyone noticed that you don't hear big Pharma yelling very loudly about healthcare reform? I believe they will come out smelling like a rose. If this is true, research will suffer greatly. There will be no need for the competitioon now seen, and we will take what they give us to take.

Paula - I have Medicare (at present you get this automatically the 3rd month after being declared "disabled" by the Social Security Administration. You remember that Medicare did not pay zilch until recently, when SS recipients could take an optional Part D to covero medications.

Private insurance policies (and I kept my Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BC/BS) of Tennessee from my "state" employment with the school system) was a must unless you wanted to take your meds or eat (which hhas actually been the case for some). And we are looking to change my "extra" policy to a Supplemental. We pay nearly $400 a month premium for my coverage. Although it is excellent coverage - and I rarely have to pay anything but the deductible each year - we can meet those deductibles (co-pays) shortly into the calendar year. I regularly see a Primary Care Physician (PCP), a neurologists, a rheumatologist, an orthopedist, an ophthalmologist, a urologist, and a gynecologist. (WHEW!) There are others I see on a referral basis. AND my out-of-pocket deductible paid thus far for 2009 (that's just MY co-pays) is $1,642 !!!!!!

Something has to give. I don't havea the choice to "get better." If we let this healthcare bill go through as is, I can PROMISE you that those with advanced will not have the care they need for a decent quality of life. (Let me go pull out that OpEd that I couldn't get anyone to publish earlier in the year)
Peg
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote