View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 06:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz66 View Post
Hi again! I just started at a gym this week, like I said I was going to in my last post. =) I am a woman of my word! Anywho, I did a basic routine of bands (like in PT) and a couple sets of lunges; that was about @3 days ago. I feel like someone took a grater to my thigh muscles and the left side of my neck is really aching. I have done that little bit before and didn't feel this sore, but this is the first time since I have had RSD. Is this a normal reaction to exercise??!!?!? I can't believe how sore I am after so little exercise; MAN I feel old and I'm still in my 40's. I know, I know,.....I'm getting there.....a little too fast for my taste, though!! Ha! Anywho, any ideas on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Have a great one to all of you and God bless. I pray you all have a wonderful and painless day! =)
Sore is OK, it just means you need more exercise and to build up more gradually. I doubt that it's good if you get a flare though but doctors seem to not agree on this. I'm sure I don't want a flare and excessive exercise will cause one for me.

Do as much as you feel safe doing and build up more gradually. My soreness will go away a little faster if I exercise the sore muscles very lightly.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (12-21-2009)