Thread: Suspected MG
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 11:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Polly - and Welcome!!

I have a relatively mild case of MG, and so may not be the best source of info. The weakness you describe in the arms - it being harder and harder to raise them on repetitive attempts - sounds like MG. Maybe even the eye symptoms - although usually we MG'rs are at our best in the morning. Try applying ice to the eyelids and see if there is improvement in your ability to open them. This is sometimes used as a clinical MG test since our muscles much prefer cool/cold temps to warm/hot temps.

I have not experienced the spasms and stiffness you describe. And I have never been unable to move a muscle - it's just that the muscle doesn't move very well or with any strength. There is this overwhelming feeling of heaviness and, as a result, my inability to lift things or to continue stirring a heavy batter....things like that. With a few minutes rest, I can do better at the task. Hours later (or with a pill), I can do much better.

I'll be interested in what the neuro says after your test tomorrow. If he confirms MG - so be it. But if he doesn't - and you feel there is something yet to discover - go to another neuro for second opinion.

Most folks on this site have had at least two neuros...and some folks a few more than that. You have to search sometimes to find the right one.

Good Luck and pls let us know how you make out.

Sue
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote