View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 02:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Same Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi49 View Post
I saw my PM about this very subject yesterday. Same type of pains wrapping around. He seems to think it is facet arthritis and referring pain around the ribcage and to the front. At the same time I have some Gastro issues going on so it all hurts pretty bad. But, he is ordering an xray of my T-spine which is one area of I haven't ever had any films done for. He also prescribed Valium because most all other muscle relaxers do not work for me for one reason or another. And said to use moist heat in the meantime until I can get some facet injections later on. He did say there is probably no herniations at all....otherwise I wouldn't have been standing there and talking to him...I would be in the ER (his words).

So, today, I am a bit better thanks to the Valium and the Gastro doc is to call me back later.
Wow, so glad to hear I'm not alone with this pain. I came down with severe pain in my upper back with radiation of the pain around my ribs to my stomach, it was unbearable. Took Codalgen Forte for three weeks but it just spaced me out and did little for the pain. Finally got a migraine and took my normal migraine cocktail of 2 panadol and 2 nuerofen plus and bingo, took the pain away for 2 hours at a time. After 4 days pain backed off. I think this supports it as being facet joint pain as I do have oestoarthritis and I think the anti-inflammatories knocked the heat off. However, testing to determine cause found I have innumerable granulomous in my spleen, that I'm aneamic and have blood in my urine. The upper back and stomach pain sometimes nudges me on days I'm feeling poorly, so the inflammed facet joints might be due to a more systemic think happening. Anyone else have similar syptomes and have a diagnosis?
sharong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote