Thread: Rsd unnoticed
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 03:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imahotep View Post
I can't help but believe this condition is mostly preventable. It often starts after noxious events that are treated medically. It should not be beyond current technology to build a device that would show the heightened nerve activity associated with onset of RSD. They could just keep you there or administer sedatives of some sort until you return to normal.

Perhaps they'll never cure it but there's no aopparent reason not to stop most cases cold.
This post is a powerful one, indeed. You hit the nail on the head. When I tell people that I have RSD they ask a million questions, but I can only give them answers to my diagnosis and my illness that caused the RSD. I am almost at my 2 year battle and still no one can give me answers. "It's not severe enough, you look normal, you have to try this drug or that drug, you have to have a spinal lumbar block, this pain killer, that pain killer, the reactions to the drugs that make me soooo sick, yadda,yadda,yadda....the stress of just trying to get the right doctor who will listen is enough to put me over the edge sometimes. IF I am ever normal, and IF I find the right treatment, it will be the happiest day of my life. So far I have not choosen the spinal lumbar block because I have Cerebral Palsy, pretty mild, but the RSD is in my "strong" leg and spreading. A block could possibly cause me to be paralized for life, so I am learning to deal with it. I am living with RSD and some days I wish it would quit living with me......
cindi1965 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mslday (12-14-2009)