View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 10:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, Mrs. Bennet. Sorry I'm so slow getting back to this thread. Busy witht he holidays and all.

I hope your meds have gotten worked out. Today is my second day off meds since August. So far... okay. We'll see. I know what you mean about doctors thinking you're being a drama queen- it's impossible to convince doctors that you're in pain at age 14! I was once sent home from an after-hours clinic with some Motrin and some suckers. Seriously.

I think it's interesting that you have a problem lying on your right hand side. For me, that's the better way to go. IIRC, we both have pain on the left. Quirky.

Maybe you can find some fun non-alcoholic beverages for over Christmas. I have a non-alcoholic wassail recipe if you're interested.

Hey, painintheneck! I'm glad you've found us! My situation was a lot like yours, at first. I've had it 10 years, and wasn't diagnosed for the first five. They also took my tonsils out, hoping to fix the problem. (Though I certainly needed them out, anyway. The ENT said they were rotting. Ew.) I don't think getting them taken out made my pain worse, though.

I have never heard of GN going away for good, though my neurologist did express a hope that I might grow out of it. Until a few months ago, it seemed like I might. I'm almost completely in remission, now, and hope to stay that way for a loooong time. We'll see what happens.

I don't have any strange taste where my pain is, but my pain is more the back of the throat, so I don't associate it with tasting anyway. I have noticed that the whole area of my throat flushes when I have a pain attack. Very odd.

Are you considering MVD? It sounds like yours is definitely from a compression! I've never had an MRI for my GN, only for headaches, and that was several years ago, now. Typically, those documents are kept only 7 years, so I'm sure it's long gone.
semcsquared is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote