View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 07:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy The pain is bad today

Oh Lord am I in a bad way these days !!!!! A few days ago I felt something pop in my neck and since then. The pain has been SOOO BAD I almost feel like I may be losing my mind over this. First everytime I move my head a certain way I get electrical shocks down my spine. My shoulders hurt, I am dealing with numbness more than usual. Headaches at the base of my skull, neck feels like it is on fire and when I lay down my arms, legs become numb abd it takes my quite awhile to gain my strength and feeling back.

The other night I couldn't keep my balance at all I kept falling so I went to the ER the only thing they could do was give me an RX for Valum to help with the pain. It is really the least thing I want and since that night I have not taken any. I am still on Oxycontin for pain but due to a Dx of Lyme disease a nurse practioner I see wants to take me off of them. I tried in vain to explain my cervical disc issues but the response was Lyme was causing it.

My Rheumatologist says I have Fibromyalgia and is trying to help he doesn't think I have Lyme. My Lyme literate doctor says I do but there are other things going on. This NP won't listen to reason and I am on the edge of a breakdown due to pain and stress because of it.

I need to get someone to order another cervical MRI and perform a CT with contrast or Myelogram/discogram study but it seems like no one will. I have a new appointment with a PCP doctor next month in February so I hope that she will help but I have my doubts and not only that I don't know if I can hold out that long. Everyday it is getting worse.

Glenn
Quahog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote