Thread: Suspected MG
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Hello!

Your symptoms are similar to some of my first MG symptoms before I was diagnosed. I rarely get any of these symptoms now that I am taking Mestinon. Here are some of my early symptoms that are similar to yours:

-I had a lot of twitching and odd tingling feelings under my skin, mostly in my face and hands, but I felt this way occasionally everywhere on my body. My left eyebrow twitched more than anything else and often got stuck in a raised position. My face was stiff in some places and droopy in others.
-Sometimes I couldn't move my fingers at all and they would get stiff and stuck in a straight position (not all of them at once, usually ony 1 or 2 at a time). I remember my fingers sticking together, I couldn't spread my fingers apart at all.
-My left eye wouldn't always open, and when it would open I could not focus so I had double vision, in fact it wouldn't focus until I was taking Mestinon for about 5 months.
-My legs were weak and heavy, and I had trouble lifting them up.
-I couldn't lift my arms above my shoulders, and sometimes my arms would give out. I would be doing something and my entire arm would go limp and I would drop anything I was holding.
-I could not look up or to the sides, my eyes just would not do it.

Something important to add here is that my muscle stiffness and the tingly feelings I described made my doctor question whether I had MG (in fact he told me those symptoms just didn't fit in with my other obvious MG symptoms), but luckily for me the blood test came back positive.

MG does not effect us all in the same ways.

I hope you get this figured out and soon.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote