View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 01:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Andrea,

I'm assuming you are on an anti-inflammatory? You might want to consider bumping up the dose for the flight. Flying can be tough on us with RSD so it's important to stay on top of your pain during the flight, mostly during the take off and decent when the cabin pressurization is being adjusted. It will help you on the other end.

We got snowed in here this weekend and I keep myself wrapped up like an Eskimo. Despite all that my foot still turns ice cold and the only thing that will help is direct heat application, hot wax, hat bath, hot water bottles, heat pads etc. It's become quite a juggling act now with hot flashes in the picture LOL.

I started a trail of N-acetylcysteine (NAC), a month ago. A study from the Netherlands indicated that it was beneficial for those of us with cold RSD. Generally speaking I seem a little warmer and able to tolerate cold better, but I'm not certain that is from the NAC. I picked it up at my local health store since it is not a controlled medication. I'll keep trying it for a couple more months. Here is a link to that study. Ask your doctor what he/she thinks.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12670672

Good luck with your next infusion, please let us know how you do with it all.

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
msdrea83 (12-14-2009)