Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 08:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can understand exactly what you mean about others not getting it. One of my biggest peeves is being asked in a casual way how I'm feeling. If I respond I'm tired, the usually comment is: "I know just what you mean!" Oh, really? You try walking around feeling like you are wading through thigh deep mud, or raising your arms when you feel like like someone has hung 50 pound weights on each arm, or even holding your head up when you feel like you need to support it with your hand because otherwise it just might fall off and roll around the floor for all the support your neck muscles can give it!
Back to the question of Mestinon. 15mg doesn't sound like much at all. If you take more than that, do you get any other symptoms than just feeling like a major zombie? Usual symptoms of overdose are things like muscle twitches, excess salivation, tummy cramps and maybe diarrhea. Fatigue CAN be a sign of overdose, but in my experience, you have to be REALLY overdosed to experience fatigue. I wonder if something else may be causing the zombie effect, and you are really underdosed rather than overdosing?
If I overdose, the first thing I experience is twitchiness around the eyes and excess salivation, maybe excessive sweating. If I've really overdosed, I probably then would get the cramping and diarrhea. I carry atropine for those rare times I overdose.
By overdose, I mean taking more than my optimum dose of Mestinon. You want to take enough to relieve fatigue, but not so much that you then begin to get the symptoms of overdose. More later, I'm running late.
Hugs,