View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 11:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, I think I may have found something that sorta works since they've kinda dried up a bit...

I just wanted to add a little something else...My hair is so dry! Omg, it's like I was electricuted! I know that prednisone causes this, so this is a bit of a conundrum in light of the scalp acne/pimples...

I decided not to wash my hair as often, at least with shampoo, to alleviate the dryness. So I'm only washing with Head and Shoulders twice to three times a week. I'm using a leave-in conditioner for the ends of my hair only, and add a touch to the roots on the days that I use shampoo, and massage my scalp gently. I decided to only brush my hair if it's adequately 'lubricated' (with either leave-in or regular conditioner). I'm noticing that my hair is falling out in almost-clumps (I think because of the dryness and maybe the pimples too). So it's sorta a balancing act. The scalp has to be clean to dry up the pimples and prevent infection which can result in increased dryness, but the rest of the hair needs to be moist to prevent breakage and falling out...It's possible, but a little time-consuming! lol
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote