Thread: Suspected MG
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 11:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Pollyest, I went to Sydney for my second opinion Neuro ..the so called 'expert' and he left me totally mad with the whole way MG is diagnosed.

Quote:
Was it Annie who said it takes on average 7 years for a woman to get dx with MG -- and a man ONE YEAR? Many MGers are FIRST sent to a Psychiatrist -- and "cleared". Doesn't always help. It can still take years -- with more and MORE symptoms cropping up -- before you are taken seriously. I hate to tell you this -- but, if I was in your shoes, I'd rather know the truth.
I could not agree more. I had a reaction to the Tensilon and also the placebo ( heard him tell the others he left some in the line) so they told me it was not MG and ALL my symptoms were normal for a woman my age (45).

I mean ...falling over, unable to carry groceries, walk the dog, swallow food ....

So ..good luck with it all. Keep a diary and take someone to the appts with you who can argue with these twerps when they try to make it sound like you are making all this up.

I am into my fourth year now of waiting for a diagnosis. They have not even tried Mestinon yet. I am getting worse again now its summer and I nearly choked again this morning and cannot breath outside and have to sit under a cold air conditioner all day...

'course ...this is all normal for us woman
xanadu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote