Thread: Question??
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 12:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default the plot thickens

Hey Xanadu,

I can kinda relate to your predicament...My mom told me recently that she had an aunt who always had a slack jaw...She told me that after this aunt would talk for a bit, her jaw would hang open and she'd have to hold it shut with her hand...My mom also told me that her sister's voice goes completely nasal when she gets upset...My mom has 8-brothers and sisters and they're all sorta scattered about...They don't talk to eachother much, so it's hard to get info...I happen to have autoimmune MG, but this new info. from my mom has got me totally confused...I don't know what to make of it! My mom also has a droopy eyelid that she's had since I was born, and a lazy eye that she's had since she was little...She also has difficulty lifting her feet up when she walks, and sorta walks like a soldier...All these things have existed since I've been little, and my mom just sorta learned to live with it and never went to the doctor about it (other than the lazy eye which she had surgery for, but has returned). Argh! I seriously don't know what to think about any of this!

From what you've written, it definately sounds like CMS...I hope that you get the info. from Annie re. the doctors 'cause you don't deserve to suffer like this!

EDIT: I just wanted to add that there's an excellent book that my sister had ordered online for me called, "You, me and MG." It talks a lot about CMS and includes patient stories, so it's an excellent resource...Check it out!

Nicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
In my family my auntie had a muscle weakness that was probably MG. It was never diagnosed but Neuros have said since that she looks as though she matches MG. I have just found out her first cousin had an identical muscle disease and also her niece( my second cousin).

The Dr my second cousin is seeing is calling it a rare form of muscular dystrophy that does not have a genetic test yet.

Now I am really spooked. Is it a rare MD or MG for everyone and all the others were misdiagnosed ?

My auntie and her cousin has passed away but could this be possible - in one family ? Do all Neuros know about CMS ? My symptoms started about when I was 10 and I think I had some remissions through my life but now have symptoms again.

And my second cousin is in a wheelchair now. Could that still be MG ?
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (12-16-2009)