View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 09:25 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitte74 View Post
My son is finally sent to another hospital because of RSD in the leg and back pain. I dont now when, mayby in 1-2 months from now, so waiting again. We now have the psyciatrist word that his back pain is not in his head. But now im still affraid that the next doctor will say that "i havent seen it before in the back so its not RSD, we cant help you" This is little denmark we are living in and i dont now how common it is. Its not common when i read about it, but i now that others suffers with the pain.

So i ask you all, do you have problems in the back and do you have other symptoms than pain and sensibility. I have to have some facts with me...

Thank you all
Gitte - Olivers mum

Gitte,

So, you son is "sent to another hospital, because of RSD in the leg and back pain."
Therefore, you have a dx of RSD. Sad, but true.
From now on,
you must insist to any doctor, that "Perhaps they're not qualified, to diagnose RSD"!?
Then, leave politely.

You will perchance come upon doctors who may be, or who may NOT be knowledgeable enough to DX RSD!
Don't let a Fool, get you Down!
Walk away!
If they're not educated enough, IMHO, they don't deserve to be paid! (That makes them learn!) As they should! I can't tell you how many doctors, perhaps 30, that I've simply walked out on, when here in Pennsylvania they were guaranteed an unlimited payment. I told them, "NO" I'm not signing your little paper, because you've got NoCLUE What we're talking about here! And, I walked out.
More than a hundred doctors with no clue, welcome to the 80's!

Here's my suggestion:
Call and ask if the doctor is familiar with, and has treated folks with RSD?
Ask for a number. How many folks does he treat regularly with RSD?
(What? Do you think a Doctor is a Saint? NO WAY! He's just a guy, or woman, who had
the money to go to med school!)
And, some of our wonderful Neuro's, are super naive',
They went to med school, and to be a Neuro, so they didn't hafto get "dirty".
A good reason not to trust Neuro's!

But, Keep going to these doctors!
It's better to have a little doubt. Than to be pushed through a "system".

So, you're doing the right thing, you're thinking the right thing!

Best of wishes for Oliver, and you, Gitte!

Pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (12-16-2009)