View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 02:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Its been a bit since someone posted here, but Im new and wanted to share what I have discovered.
I have RSD in 88% of my body so I go through fits of sensitivity, one is too sore, one is numb, one is hot, one is cold. Other than clothes, my biggest issue has been bedding materials. Comforters are too heavy to lay on my limbs, blankets to light to keep parts of me warm.
My hubby surprised me with some Canopy brand sheets. They are found at Wal-mart and I dont know what all these are made of or even what the thread count its, but they are absobant (sp) like cotton but as soft as silk, but not as freaky feeling as silk. (yes I know I said freaky, but, duh, I do have sensory issues...lol) They are kinda on the high end (a.k.a. expensive) but they are deep pocket (for our specialty matress), and are so kosher with my phsyco body and texture issues...
Also, my feet are always cold to your touch but are burning to me, they also sweat like an overweight football player at super bowl, I have started putting VIVA brand paper towels into the bottom of my crocs and house shoes I use a piece of two sided tape to hold it in place and it soaks up all the sweat without drenching my shoe and resulting in the foul smell of a sweaty foot (which oddly enough its always my shoes that stink not my feet....) and the viva brand is very soft and absorbant so it doesnt bother me and it takes a day to two to "fill" the paper towel.
painfullylovinglife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (12-27-2015)