View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 09:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Very interesting stuff. Prompted by a friend who is about to start taking statins, I had thought of approaching my GP about them, but I think I will hang fire for the time being. As interesting as the actual issue surrounding the statins themselves is the following:

"it is important to determine the relation between brain fatty acids and PD because the brain fatty acid content depends on nutritional intake, a readily manipulable environmental factor"

Not just because such an intake COULD be used in future research into the causes of and/or cures for PD, but because of all the areas of food production that there are, the production of fats is the one where there have been immense changes, that are largely invisible, as they are often the hidden content in packaged foods. That is with the notable exception of margarines, and more modern butter substitutes which can be found in nearly everyones fridge.....and largely marketed as being more healthy than butter itself. Interesting too in light of the way that eggs are currently being 'rehabilitated' too..........
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote