View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 07:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default new member

hi all, im new on here but basically just looking for people to chat with! i had my trial med tronic implant done last wed.......bloody painful initially, then got seriously worse as the days went on.....severe pain in my ribs. anyway went back for planned permanent inplant on moday. surgeon very good, did x ray and said that the elecrodes had moved....so again, whilst i was awake, they opened me up again and re aligned the electrodes....re programmed them and eventually put me to sleep and completed the full implant. Back/rib pain has now gone except the obvious pain from the surgical procedure. but now i have severe pain around the generator site. This is in my belly, and i am only a petite 8 stone size 6 43 year old female! it looks like i am about 8 months pregnant!i know it is only day 3 of my implant, but should i contact my GP regarding the pain. I am on volterol, tremadol, oramorph and amoxycillin....but i cant sleep, find it very difficult and painful to move and haven't had a pooh (sorry probably too much info there!) i dont want to sound like a whimp, but i think it is just the fear of the unknown.....any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

thank you
lynnie
thecrutchlesswonder is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote