View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 11:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Gitte,

Hi, Gitta,

I am so sorry to hear your sons RSD has spread , and that the area is his back. when rsd spreads to the spine it is close to unbearable.

I have full body, however I can say unequivocally that my back flares are some of the most devastating.

I wanted to add in year 6 an MRI was finally taken of the correct area of my spine, the thoracic area.

this is significant as Dr. S had said that I had a secondary injury which was causing relentless flares in my spine. Constant burning so severe i could not ever express it with words.

my pain management doctors idea was to begin epidurals addressing my secondary problem- which were causing the repetitive flares in my back which included lesions.
( Lesions occur as your body is screaming, it can not take any More pain in a given area, that by the way is my explanation of lesions. And there are no other "good "" explanations out there)

The epidurals for my disc problems did reduce the number of flare up on and in my back for almost 6 months. Very significant, so much better.

Unfortunately now, my body's reaction to the catheter , the invasion of it- is so severe i can no longer have the epidurals.

I mention this in case your son has an underlying problem which is triggering more flares in his leg and or back. its something to check out.

I feel my program might have been more successful if started earlier. My rsd is so advanced i have cellular changes in my spine so it started a bit late for me. Hope this helps, CZ
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gitte74 (12-16-2009)