View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Bring On the Butter!!!

I am a huge, huge butter lover. Not margarine, just real butter. I don't buy margarine because I have always believed it is processed junk food made to look healthy. I find that when I use real butter, I use less and have more flavor than when I used margarine.

I was searching for something on the internet, completely unrelated to butter, and came across this article. I really don't know all the nutritional garbage associated with this but it sure as heck sounds good to a butter lover like me.

Recent Studies and Age Old Wisdom Point to the Health Benefits of Butter

(From the bottom of the article)
"Who Benefits From the Continued Denigration of Butter?

Study after study has shown us that hydrogenated fat is a chief culprit in the escalation of cancer and heart disease. States have even passed laws against the use of trans fats in cooking. Yet nutritionists continue to tell us to avoid butter at all costs. Why? Because there are many who benefit from the battering of butter, including established medicine, big pharma, large corporate farms, food processors, and agribusiness. New products that serve the function of butter but provide none of the benefits are created, manufactured at small cost, packaged, advertised and sold at high prices."

http://www.naturalnews.com/022793_bu...tty_acids.html
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (12-16-2009), Dejibo (12-16-2009), gonnamakeit (12-16-2009), karousel (12-16-2009), Riverwild (12-16-2009), SallyC (12-16-2009), tamiloo (12-19-2009), Twinkletoes (12-21-2009), Vonn07 (12-16-2009)