View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 05:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Update on my surgery decision

I decided to go forward with the lumbar decompression surgery, which I had done on 11/30. It was a 2 level decompression done at L3-4 and 4-5.

As I have mentioned earlier, I had this done because 3 doctors told me I needed it and because the neurosurgeon here in Atlanta who did it was almost completely convinced that it would relieve the PN which I have had in my feet for the last 8-10 years. He said that the compression at the 2 levels was very, very severe.

In addition, the doctor I visited at Johns Hopkins discovered that my B6 level was very high and instructed me to stop all B6 supplements, which I have done (starting about 3 weeks ago).

So far, which has been about 16 days, I have not experienced any relief with the PN in my feet. The neurosurgeon said that it is way too early for that.

I am wondering if the compression was truly causing my problem, how long should it be before I notice any changes/relief? Everything I have read on the forum previously leads me to believe that it does take quite some time for the healing process.

I would love to hear your honest opinions regarding my situation. Thanks so much.
atltom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote