View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default I DONT have Celiac

I have been poked, prodded, and scolded by some very nice, well meaning friends. I have heard it over, and over and over that I probably dont really have MS, I MUST have Celiac! If I would just stop eating gluten or products contaminated by gluten, my MS would disappear! imagine that?!

My DD has severe celiac (she is adopted) and was extremely restrictive of diets while under our roof. Once she left for college, we added gluten back to the household, and I saw NO difference in my energy, attitude, illness, or standing in life.

Anyway, since I am having so much trouble with my tummy, and needed an endoscopy, I asked if he would please do celiac biopsies to double check. He took several from the esophagus, and several from the tummy, and several from the duodeum (sp) and the JE area. It was about a dozen all total.

I got the result today. He called and said that there was NO inflammation in my tummy, or intestine. No flattening of the cilia. No raw or blanched areas. He said he is well versed in just how sick Celiac patients are, and has helped 3 MS patients reverse their MS dx into a Celiac or Gluten issues. After gluten free diets, and so forth they were discharged as MS patients after lesions healed, and sx were gone. So...He said he went thru me with a fine toothed comb (literally!) and is 100% sure that do NOT have issues with gluten. He asked me to go on a gluten binge before surgery to give the tissues time to react. So....

That answers so many of my critics, and allows me to definitivaly say I DONT have celiac, and I have my MDs permission to include gluten in my diet if I wish it. That still means that they havent gotten to the final answers of what IS happening with my tummy. The surgeon still says its folding upon itself and wants to take a corner of it.

Thanks for all the prayers, well wishes, and support.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (12-17-2009), braingonebad (12-17-2009), Debbie D (12-17-2009), DM (12-17-2009), gonnamakeit (12-16-2009), Jules A (12-16-2009), karousel (12-17-2009), Kitty (12-16-2009), Koala77 (12-16-2009), Vonn07 (12-16-2009)