View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoodr View Post
I fully understand how you feel. My granny gave me the same directions one time and I called her after cutting my second finger and asked her how to cut the dang thing. Oh, it's easy. Sure.
After I hung the phone up I took it out into the back yard and found the axe. I can tell you, that an axe will not work.
I'd rather eat my grannys anyway.
Good luck to you
VOODOOR!!!

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. When I read about the axe, well believe me, you gave me my laugh today. I needed one.

Now here's a good one. Maybe I bought an acorn squash and not a butternut? I'm going to google what I cooked and I'll let you guys know.

And I did my friend's recipe to the letter. As a matter of fact, I called her tonight and told her what happened and she burst out laughing. She then said "maybe it's because mine was harvested out of someone's back yard, and not bought in a store??" Then she said "Maybe it wasn't ripe enough?" I said:

"they have to be RIPE???" How the heck do you tell if it's ripe? She had no idea. She also said she HAD NO TROUBLE CUTTING IT INTO CUBES.

She's 73. AND SHE HAD NO TROUBLE??

I'm going to google butternut squash right now and see what I bought.

be back later.

Melody

OKAY, I'M BACK,

Here's what I bought. AND IT WAS A BUTTERNUT SQUASH. This image is exactly what mine looked like

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CCMQ9QEwBw

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote