View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 01:59 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

For my muscle spasms, which mostly emanate from the cervical spine, across the tops of my shoulders, and down other areas on my back, as well as my upper right arm and forearm, well,

we did Botox. I've had it several times. It only works for about 6 times I have read, before becoming useless as the body learns to fight it. But they use a little shot and put it around the back of my head, neck, shoulder blades and even forearm. They usually only do one side at a time, so that they don't compromise breathing.

I do wonder, since I haven't had it done in three years, if it was the cause of my many problems with breathing as within a few months as it wears off, I wonder if my muscles in my ribs are not in condition and thus I have / had those horrific times of not being able to breathe.

Don't know. But you could avoid the "back" and hit the neck and wherever else it is the very worst.

The best relief I ever had was the last one when the doc did both sides, and after a couple of weeks, it was nice to have less pain. The pain comes back on after 3 or 6 months, and it is very slow to return - not a quick change.

God bless you.

Pain management is MOST important because unless we have some relief, we don't get healing sleep, or time of healing. Or nerves need healing, not over working or "spreading" the pain or developing RSD from the sheer over load of it all.

Just my opinion.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote