View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I think its because my DD IS celiac, and severely so. She was hospitalized, and very sick before we finally pinned down why. She was emmaciated, and painfully thin. She was bloated, and grey in complextion. We were dismissed by several MDs who told us she had everything from growing pains, to anxiety, to attention seeking behavior. Why sure! what child doesnt drop down to 75 pounds, just to get attention?! Anyway, I think that is why so many are quick to slap that label on me, and its been sorta hard.

I have had well meaning friend dig thru my cabinet and say "no wonder you have brain lesions! you have a loaf of whole wheat bread here!" So, while Celiac would have been an answer, I swear to God! I was ready to start slapping folks.

I do NOT want to be restrictive in my diet unless I NEED to be. We like bread! A completely gluten free life style is a mess to maintain. Like the new gluten free cakes that betty crocker makes. they are made on a machine that also makes gluten products, and that means....you CANT eat it if you are severly resistant to gluten! You see many shining products on store shelves now, but many are cross contaminated. My DD had celiac long before the store was filled with choices. We used to have friends wipe their hands at the door to stop the cross contamination. They would eat a cheeseburger, and then come want to shake hands with her. No wonder she had anxiety.

I think this answers my worst critics with a LEAVE ME ALONE kinda stab. I am so tired of well meaning folks telling me I just need to clean up my diet, or be stung by bees, or remove all metal from my teeth, or take 6 months of abx for lyme, or get retested for lupus cause I have a small rash on my face. SHEESH! Its a good solid NO, I dont have this, now can just let me have MS?

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (12-17-2009), gonnamakeit (12-17-2009)