View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

A doctor doesnt even have to be there for you to get a test for a UTI. I do nurse visits all the time for UTI's (cheaper, and I cant always get my favorite doctor when a UTI hits...since I usually get my UTI's on a friday when he's off)

You only need the doctor (or a PA) to write the Rx, and all you're going to do when you get tested for a UTI is pee in a little cup and hand it to the nurse who takes it back to the lab so they can centrifuge it and use a dropper to put some on a slide under a microscope so they can count white blood cells.

I think my doctor's office even does lab visits, where they just take you to the lab (instead of an exam room), hand you a cup and point you to the bathroom. A lot cheaper than a doctor or nurse visit because you dont have to take up an exam room. (my doctor's office does that when they're out of appointment times)

I dont usually suggest medications, but you can ask your doctor for some pyridium. (buy some pads because pyridium makes your pee turn orange, and it stains clothing) Pyridium helps. It's a pain med and except for the whole orange pee thing it's a wonderful medicine. It helps with the pain, and also helps the urgency and frequency.

Hope you made it to your class.

Oh, and remember this experience, the better you remember, the easier it'll be for you to recognize the signs next time, faster you get to the doctor, the quicker the infection goes away.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Riverwild (12-18-2009), SallyC (12-17-2009)