View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker View Post
Lady X - You know better!!!! I take it in my morning coffee and can't taste it. DH puts it in which helps pretending my not knowing.
Cherie, I'm yelling at you. You know better!!
I can try to stammer out a few excuses, Kicker, but I know you won't buy them.

I guess I have developed a bit of a phobia about bathroom issues, since this has been a problem for me since I was just a little kid.

I was first dx with Ulcerative Colitis (before MS), and it comes with it's own set of messy problems. I really HATE going to the washroom (and/or not going), so I tend to try to avoid the whole issue for as long as I can.

Counter-productive, I know.

The good news is that I have found something that works when I REALLY need it to ... so long as I still have some function down there.

Legz, have you taken the max dosage?

Natural methods can take up to 24 hrs to work, and trust me ... you won't explode in the meantime. It's amazing how long we can actually go without a bm ... as uncomfortable as it is.

Miralax/Metamucil didn't work for me ... only Benefiber does (and I only need to use about 1/3 the daily dosage, usually). It too takes time though.

The lack of bm is either as a result of the numbness, or the numbness can be a result of the lack of bm ... you probably won't figure that out till you go.

Cherie