View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I visited South Dakota a few months after I got diagnosed with MS. I really needed to get away. Since I live in Nebraska, going to SD was an easy and inexpensive trip. I've actually been there twice. First time was to go to Rapid City and see Mount Rushmore. The second time was to go to Sioux Falls to see the Falls that the city is named after.

Had a great time both visits.

First trip there, I also got a nice look at the only hospital in the middle of the state. I came down with a UTI the morning we left to go to Rapid City...we got halfway to Rapid City (Chamberlain, SD) and I was kind of in agony.

We had passed the hospital at one point, and had to backtrack to get back there. Found out it was the only place in that part of the state. Got a Rx and we went on our way. It was a fairly nice hospital.

I'd like to live there, but I'd have to either live in Rapid City, or Sioux Falls because I wouldnt feel comfortable living in a place where you have to drive for a couple of hours to get to a hospital.

The Badlands were really cool. Think that might have been one of my favorite places. The Indian Tacos in the gift shop in the Interior there were tasty. (fry bread, with taco meat on top...I LOVE fry bread!)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (12-17-2009)