View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
A deadblow hammer is nothing like a regular hammer. It is encased in rubber. There is no vibration at all. That's why it's called a deadblow. I wouldn't be using a regular hammer either. I haven't for years now. My wrists, hands, etc. would never take it anymore. It's only a few whacks (not hard either) on the butcher knife and you have cut the squash in half.

Check out your hardware store and you will see what I mean. I wouldn't be without it.

I also type fast and always have. No problems with that now or years back when it was the old manual typewriter. Computers are a whiz to use nowadays. Not at all like even the old electric typewriters. At least for me
As soon as you described the hammer encased in rubber a little lightbulb went off in my head. I have ALL sorts of goodies in my tool box. Every kind of wrench, screwdriver, all kind of socket things (things I have absolutely no idea of what they are), that when my landlord came to my house once he said "show me your toolbox, you have great stuff in there".

so when you described the hammer, I went to my tool box and sure enough, there was my rubber hammer. I've never had occasion to use it because I have other hammers and Alan used those to put together some stuff. I haven't hammered anything in quite some time.

So when I try again to do the butternut squash thing, I'll know what hammer to use.

MY DEADBLOW HAMMER!!!

lol. Thanks much

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (12-17-2009)