View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 08:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Laureen,

As of today I am OFF Tegretol (off all meds for TN)! I've had a little soreness today, just some passing aches in the face, seems to happen when I'm in a cold room. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. Hope not!

I looked back at my journal last year. After the balloon procedure, I delayed going off the meds because of some pain from the surgery. When I did taper off, after 3 weeks and 3 days, the pain came back. So I'm thinking that it takes that long for the Tegretol to get totally out of my system.

I'm definitely feeling clearer headed and starting to get some energy. Colors seem brighter and music is better and food - well, I will have to be really careful not to put on a lot of weight, because I am hungrier.

I've read some places something about 6 months or a year or 2 being a time after which you probably won't have a reoccurence of pain. But I think there are lots of different experiences. I'd always heard that the MVD usually lasted around 10 years. But my surgeon said it could work for a lifetime. Then I read that people who had a prior procedure (like I did), are less likely to have a complete success. I think it all varies so from person to person. I asked my nerologist if the pad they put in to shield the nerve can move and he said "no." And I asked if I could develop other compressions - and he said that was very unlikely. So why would there be a limit to how long the MVD lasts? Seems like a lot of unknowns. (If anyone reading this has any info, please join in the conversation!)

How are you doing, Laureen?