View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 07:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Depression Medication and MG

Hi guys,
I haven't posted in a while because I have been going through some pretty bad things health wise. I had a relapse in my MG 6 months ago and it is now better and pretty much under control (Thank God) but I am having other problems which are not MG related and just can't seem to figure them out.

I have been very depressed and crying all the time from how sick I feel.
My muscles and joints ache, at times my skin on my arms have a burning sensation, my eyes are dry with a grainy feeling ,I have a rash on my eyelid , I feel cold all the time and I am nauseated with no appetite. I just feel so sick inside. It is so hard to explain because the sick feeling inside comes in waves if that makes any sense. Lately I have been sweating at night for no reason and it wakes me up from my sleep. I used to look forward to napping and getting my sleep because it made me feel better but now I actually dread falling asleep because I am either awakened in the night from muscle aches, night sweats or wake up feeling as tired as I did before or feel just plain sick. I have been seeing my doctor about my symptoms. She ran the regular blood tests and also one to check my vitamin levels. Of course the blood tests all show "normal" levels except my vitamin D was low and she told me to take 2000 I.U. per day. I actually felt weaker after taking the pills and I still feel sick. I see her again on the 28th. What else can I ask her to check for?

She did notice that I was depressed because I couldn't help but cry when I told her how I was feeling.

I don't know what is going on with me but something is not right and it's not my MG this time.

I try to stay positive but after feeling sick for almost everyday for the last 6 months, it's getting pretty hard to do. The light at the end of the tunnel gets dimmer and dimmer for me. I am depressed and wonder if anyone else on here with MG is on any type of medication for depression?

I know that Depression medication probably makes MG worse and I never thought I would have to ask that question but I am at the point where it's more than I can handle. No matter how hard I try to be positive, the negativity in my mind just pulls me down deeper and I just feel sicker.

I'm so sad. Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Last edited by Shari_W; 12-18-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote