View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 08:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Mark,

I guess I’m dumber than I thought. It’s true that age does hinder recovery of all injuries, brain and otherwise. But I do think with some simple steps Don or anyone can minimize their symptoms and at least feel fully recovered. If they are recovered or not seems to me to be a philosophical question, but I feel fully back to where I was.

I’ve never had the altitude problems you mention. I’ve been a skier all my life, and my body was and is used to being at altitudes higher than 7,000 feet. I think that acclimatization at a young age may have helped me. Keep in mind that flying commercial is like being at altitudes of 10,000-15,000 feet with no oxygen. The pressurization of the plane is far lower than sea level and the air is thinner.

Your simple math, minesweeper, etc are the exact same idea as the Nintendo. The only advantage of the Nintendo is that it tracks progress from prior times in nice graphs. Those graphs are psychologically very uplifting. I found frustration with myself and my limited PCS acumen to be amongst the worst things for my recovery. Any simple exercises or devices that can alleviate that while honing some mental acuity are a plus in my mind.

David
Sackler99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote