View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 10:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

David,

Thank you for your encouraging messages! It's great to see people who have come out the other side better. I know everyone is different, and repeat concussions can take their toll, but it's still great to hear that you've gotten through it!

I'm on month 6 of my first concussion, and month 2 of my second concussion. I haven't seen any progress at all, but I'm managing my symptoms well.

I find that the Nintendo DS, as you brought up, helps me- but in a different way. My son and daughter have them with pokemon games. I find that it helps me tune everything else out around me when I start to get overwhelmed. My husband is going to buy me my own for Christmas this year. Just being able to focus on one simple task while everything else seems like it's too much is helpful for me.

I also use the Wii for rehabilitation when I'm alone in the house. There are balance and mind games that seem to help me feel positive about doing something proactive for my recovery process. The Wii Fit also gives me a little bit of a yoga workout, so that I can keep my weight gain under control. I hate not being active!

I think for me, just feeling like I'm doing something when I feel like I can't do anything helps.

Thanks again for your positive attitude!

ps- Pat LaFontaine is a hero where I live in Buffalo. I got very excited when you mentioned his name. I admire him greatly after watching him play for so many years for my favorite team! Thanks for sharing your story and his.