Thread: post concussion
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 10:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When reading the posts on this website, I feel like I was "robbed" of my recovery. My neurologist never really listened to me and never once told me the things I should/shouldn't be doing. After my fall, I went right back to work because I didn't have enough sick time to stay home. I used to take 1/2 hour naps at lunch time just to get through the rest of the day. So, I never did get the rest that I should have nor was I told not to work or given any kind of "release of work" memo for work. I was offered this after 4 months of severe headaches by my family doc. I just couldn't take that time off and not be paid my full amount. I'm just wondering if my first neuro doc would have given me some suggestions instead of pushing me out the door if I wouldn't be "healed" by now. Twelve months out and I am still having headaches daily and more so when working out. I know it is a no-brainer to not work out, but can become depressed without it. I feel that if I would have had the neuro doc that I have today, things may have been different. I also think that because the hospital is at fault for my fall that the first neuro doc did not want to acknowledge my PCS. She never admitted that I had it even though I fell off a gurney in the ER onto the floor. I am lucky that me husband is understanding of the situation and will stick by me. Otherwise, life would really suck.
sheds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
corki (01-10-2010), Hockey (12-18-2009), Theta Z (04-23-2010)