View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

That TSH is elevated, if one uses the new scale to evaluate hypothyroidism. The new scale goes from 0-3... the old scale goes to 6.

I'd get evaluation by an endocrinologist and perhaps a scan. It was only when I had a scan that they found my problem, and fixed it.

Some people say they get feelings tingling etc when they start B12.

I know when I started my thyroid hormone my numb feet started tingling like mad, and took a full year to get sensation back. They had started with pain, and slowly became pretty numb. I was surprised when they "woke up" again!

When one is low for a long time with B12, there is quite the adjustment to get things working correctly again.
I think you have at least 2 problems (and perhaps others that haven't been fully addressed yet..like Vit D) that are going to complicate your responses. The B12 is not harmful, so keep using it. I'd call the doctor and ask for that test result. It doesn't take a month to get that done. See if the nurses will give you the number..sometimes they will or at least have the doctor call you back.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote