View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 11:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

No - I don't always have swelling. It's weird. I have never had swelling in my original injury site - my shoulder (at least not that I could see). And my upper arm, which hurts a lot, is skinnier than the other one. That's from atrophy because I haven't used that arm and shoulder as much as the other side since I got hurt over 3 years ago. My hands get really cold but they never swell.

My right leg, where the RSD spread, IS swollen, it has gross varicose veins that are fat and ugly that I never had like that before. And it hurts, but not as much as it used to because I've had 1 block and 4 lidocaine infusions. I'm getting my 5th lidocaine this Monday. They have helped my legs and feet. My feet swell, and my right ankle, and it was often worse when I wore my sneakers a lot. It might have been from the constriction. I'm not sure, though. I know my feet even feel swollen in my Crocs sometimes. It's worse in bad weather, or when I've been walking a lot, or when it gets really cold. Or sometimes I can't tell why...I hear you on the burn and the ache. Stinks big time. Please try to keep moving. Always.

But I love my Crocs, too. I really like the new ones that just came out - the fur is SOOO soft. One of my sisters has a pair. I'm hoping that Santa brings me some!!

XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNcrps2 View Post
Sandy, i just purchased the fur crocs and they are great. They feel so good and lite on my feet. ? Although mine has spread to me feet- they burn & ache but i have no swelling. Did you always have swelling? I have always walked but it is getting harder.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote