View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 10:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking Hello everyone:) Please Read

Hello everyone!! What a cool site. I have read alot of posts and thought i would join and maybe you could all help me a little understanding some of these results i got from my ct scan and myleogram. First let me tell you i hurt myself on the job nov4.2005. My 1st Mri i had a pretty big herniation L5 S1. My symptoms Numbness and pain down side of right leg and in 3 toes. Along with shooting pain down my leg and pain in back ect. No need to go into that everyone here probably knows all the symptoms.Had therapy and 3 epidural injections. Sept had another Mri herniation was a bit better but still had impingement on nerve and moderate protrusion had L4 -5 and L4-3 disc bulges. Some disc degenerative disease. And disc spurs.Although injections helped with the numbness still have shooting pains down leg ect. Injections did not last for a long time where pain was concerned. The pain in my bag hurts very bad even worse when i sit or stand to the point of nauseness. Had eeg as well was positive for nerve damage in L5 so had 4th injection since they were in S1 beforethis time inL5.

Now for the results of my ctscan and myleogram. I am hoping someone can help me with the results i am having a hard time understanding. Doc is talking with neuro people to see if i would benefit from surgery. But that is a last very last resort. Here are my findings...The alignment of the lumbar vertabrae are within normal limits. The vertabral body heights are normal.
L5S1 there is advanced degenerative disc disease with disc space narrowing and vacuum phenomeneon. Central canal is adaquate. Smallright paracentral disc protrusion slightly deformig the thecal sac and right L5 root. Ther is moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosi.
l4-5 mild diffuse disk bulge and mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosi.
L3-4 mild diffuse disk bulge with mild degenerative changes in the facet bilaterally with mild central canal stenos and mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosi.
Thank you so much for reading and i am hoping someone here can spin some light onto this. By the way if it helps i am 37 and female and the name isnt about my back just about me in general its a joke.
needsomeluck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote