View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Shari, I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. I haven't done Cellcept or IVIG, so I can't speak about those drugs. I do know that Cellcept can make you lose your appetite and feel nauseated - and give you diarrhea.

Do you have a good primary care doctor whom you can go over all this with? It may "only" be drug side effects but you should never assume that.

If they haven't checked your thyroid antibodies, they should do so. What about your cortisol levels? Your symptoms sound "hormonal" to me. There are a lot of hormones in our body. Cortisol is a fairly powerful one. A deficiency of it can make you feel really awful. It's worth a referral to an endocrinologist for a review of what could be going on.

http://endocrine.niddk.nih.gov/pubs/addison/addison.htm

Your doc probably runs a comprehensive chem panel after the IVIG.

You can always get new allergies, like Jana said!

Get copies of your labs. You'd be surprised at what doctors don't tell their patients.

I opted for not having an antidepressant. By telling you that, I am not saying I am against using antidepressants. I have too many complications that preclude me from using many drugs, including these. I use massive amounts of coping skills, many I have learned from my psychologist. Depression is different for everyone and you should at least get an opinion from a psychologist or psychiatrist.

I hope you can figure out what is going on. It sounds like your instincts are telling you there is something new, whether that is a drug side effect or another stupid disease state. Please continue to investigate with your doctors until you figure it out. If it's a cortisol issue, that can be dangerous.

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 12-18-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: to be crystal clear
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote