View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 04:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I believe first had accounts to the TLE experience are very important.
First because when you see somebody that almost mirrors one's own symptoms it becomes easier to accept the diagnosis simply because you're not alone.
A few things that really caught my eye when I read your post was the memory problems you experience, I too have delt with memory problems since the TLE really manifested itself, I find myself forgeting simple things, so I make lists for myself, and use my very strong visual memory to memorize.
In fact my visual memory is so strong I can rememeber all the cars or clothes my family / co-workers/ students have drove all the way back to my childhood, so in a sense its just using memory in a much different way.
I am strongly left-handed and I have exhibited "hypergraphia" since I was very young, not until high school was it clear to myself the almost primative need to draw constantly.
Seizure episodes are far and few between, I kind of like them and the intense sensation they bring, but ocassionally it will feel overwhelming.
I have what I believe may be "forced thinking" where one experiences intrusive thoughts that are much like the obessive thoughts in OCD although they seem to freeze my mind and I feel a weak sense of self and volition.
I was wondering if you experienced any mood or behavioral problems along with the forced thinking, since these are the symptoms that have really impaired my life. Thanks!
Morganomics is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote