View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 01:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyLV View Post
I know I need to rotate some breakfast foods but the only other option I have come up with is corn cereal with sliced amonds, some peach and apple juice.

I have tried eating meat but have trouble getting it down in the morning. I am trying to not have rice in the morning because I tested "low reaction" for rice and I usually have some later in the day. I am concerned if I start eating corn too frequently that I will develop a reaction to that as well.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--Judy
Sorry no suggestions for foods but...

Yes, the diversified rotation diet might be something to consider. But my research says that you have to go without those offending foods for about 6 weeks before you start the diet.

Also, you say you can get down animal protein for breakfast. This can indicate a zinc deficiency. You can test this yourself with Zinc Status which is sold in health food stores for less than $20.

If you are missing important nutrients then the rotation diet may not work that well for you. In the book Brain Allergies: The Psychonutrient Connection the authors say that vitamin b6, zinc and vitamin C are the most important for food allergies or sensitivities. I think the right nutritional support will reduce the severity of your allergic reactions or eliminate them completely.

And have you tried different types of enzymes. The allergic response you get is something that can also be helped with enzymes, but with systemic enzymes. Systemic meaning you take them on an empty stomach. Dr. Max Wolf said that after a certain age your pancreas is probably not producing enough enzymes for digestion. Enzymes do more than digestion in the body.

Of course using digestive enzymes will make digestion better for the foods you don't have a problem with too.

Enzymes are overlooked many times. But unfortunately using enzymes requires some trial and error to figure out which ones work for you. But an allergic response is always about inflammation. Too much inflammation will cause all sorts of serious health problems over time. Enzymes are great for inflammation. Of course the best known anti-inflammatory one is bromelain. But that is not the only one. In Brain Allergies they have a whole chapter on proteolytic enzymes and how some people can have problems with their pancreas which will only mean greater amounts of inflammation.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote