View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

When I have the Transverse Myelitis (or spinal lesion) attacks, they are usually bilateral. Both sides don't necessarily come on at the same time, and/or necessarily go exactly the same level up my body, but both sides are ultimately fairly equally affected.

The first attack like that started in my left leg, and the paresthesia travelled up to 1/2 way through my breast. I had feeling in the top 1/2, but the gross hypersensitive/buzzing/electric shock, etc. feeling below that level. That was very strange, because for about a day, I was split down the middle the other way too, so that one butt cheek was numb, and 1/2 of most every other part of my body too.

Within a few days, the numbness started to travel up my right foot, but on that side it incorporated my entire breast. I was entirely numb from there down, and then paralyzed for several days. I healed in the basically the same order as it had come on.

Most times my symptoms are bilateral though; both arms hurt, both feet and hands are numb, spasticity occurs in both limbs (arms and/or legs), both sides of my torso are affected. etc. I think the only time I haven't been bilaterally affected is during ON.

When it is from spinal lesions, I think it is dependant on how much of the cord is involved as to whether it gets both sides ...

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (12-18-2009), SallyC (12-19-2009)