Old 12-19-2009, 02:57 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
wow! that is a lot of snow.
sounds scarey, hope that you don't have to leave in this...hunker down for the night.
that much snow can have difts...that is what used to happen where I grew up in northen IN, the drifts were awful.
stay warm and safe and thanks for checking in.
bizi
It's still coming down. My car looks like a eglu. There's a possibility of a blizzard near Washington DC,in the Delaware area which isn't but about 100 miles away from me.

Wind is blowing the snow around a little. I hope those drifts aren't to bad. As soon as the snow started sticking,cars started sliding down roads,and into ditches. The roads where not pre treated with salt,or sand in this county. The Governor has now asked for Federal disaster assistance as far as I know. That got the trucks,and plows out here. It's still snowing like crazy. This is the kind of snow that I remember when I was a kid.

I still have power,but if it goes out,I have two propane heaters,and I bought 4 small 16 0z propane canisters. I also bought size D batteries,and charged battery powered lights,and plug in power sources.

I've been in a situation where I had no power,or heat in a ice storm. I hate ice storms. It's kind of scary when it becomes colder,and colder in a house,and the authorities say there's not going to be any power for days. I'm prepaired. I've even have those hunter's hot hand pouches. I have another heater on standby,in case the other fails. My car is filled with gas. I have a bunch of bagels,and food,and bottled water. BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (12-19-2009), waves (12-19-2009)