View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Suz66,

I have tried exercising at places 3 times and couldn't do it. I joined Curves and got worse. My PCP came into the Curves place to look at the machines and said not to do it after me getting worse.

The second I joined last year. I thought I could do those machines and set my own pace, didn't work. I do have TOS though and using my arms and hands is almost impossible.

Yesterday, I talked to a lady that offered me personal yoga lessons. I don't want to waste anymore money. You join these things thinking you can do them and it just seems unlikely due to the pain we endure afterward.

I also think that by doing the vigorous exercises it makes things worse in the long run. We don't know what we are doing to the RSD while we are exercising but it comes out weeks and months later.

I try and walk everyday. I am very active with things around town here and the boys but walking seems to at least keep my weight at the same. I still need to lose some and the walking I hope will keep me from gaining over the Christmas holiday, it did through Thanksgiving. It keeps my legs moving but I can't find anything that works for my arms. Bands are a definate nono to me.

I would do like some of the others and try the water arobics. I couldn't keep up with the class of them due to my arms but I liked the warm water.

We have to all keep active somehow. It's very hard with being in the shape we are in. Some are worse then others and it's even harder for them but we just have to keep going.

I hope the gym works for you. After you try something in the gym that makes you worse, maybe just bypass it from then on.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
suz66 (12-19-2009)